Complete Architectural, Planning and Museum Related Services
Our Firm includes museum architects, planners, and museological specialists. When required, we can supplement our in-house expertise with the optimal team of leading experts. Each project team is tailored for the specific project location, type, size and schedule. VernerJohnson has an extensive worldwide network of Professionals, including Cost/Economic Consultants, Engineers, Landscape Architects, Specialist Consultants, Exhibit Designers, Lighting Designers, Exhibit Fabricators, and Construction Firms.
VernerJohnson is able to provide under one Contract, any or all of the required professional services for each museum project, from its inception through to its completion.
VernerJohnson’s Museum Services
VernerJohnson offers full Project Management Services. We assist our Clients in coordinating and implementing complex Museum Projects, continuously from inception to completion.
We offer Complete Planning and Feasibility Services, including:
• Institutional Planning: Mission, Roles & Audience Analysis
• Market Analysis
• Site Analysis and Selection
• Building Facility Programming and Space Planning
• Project Budgets and Detailed Scheduling
• Feasibility Assessments
• Operational Planning: Staffing, Operating Revenues/Expenses
• Conceptual Building Designs and Fundraising Images
• Conceptual Exhibit Designs and Fundraising Images
Site, Architecture and Engineering
VernerJohnson leads and coordinates the full design team to provide all Architectural and Engineering services. These teams often include:
• Architectural Team (if desired, with a Local Architect) to provide all Design and Documentation (under VernerJohnson’s Contract).
• Landscape and Engineering Team to provide all Design and Documentation (under VernerJohnson’s Contract).
• Supplemental Museum Specialist Consultants: Lighting, Acoustics, Code, Security, Building Envelope, Telecom/Data, etc. (under VernerJohnson’s Contract).
VernerJohnson is committed to developing solutions that are both low maintenance and sustainable in the long term. Our staff of LEED Accredited Professionals can incorporate green solutions.
VernerJohnson subcontracts with the best Exhibit Designers worldwide and will select the most appropriate experts for your Museum.
• Project Coordination of full Team of Exhibit Designers, Researchers, Writers, Media Specialists, Scientists, Historians, Curators and Others as required (under VernerJohnson’s Contract).
• Full and complete integration of Exhibit Design with Building and Site Designs (from Concepts through Final Detailing).
VernerJohnson offers Design/Build Services in collaboration with the best locally-based or international Construction Companies or Construction Managers to seamlessly integrate the design, costs and schedule.
Exhibit Fabrication and Installation
VernerJohnson offers full Exhibit Fabrication & Installation Services in collaboration with the leading firm in this field, Maltbie- a Kubik Company, and others.